Lawn Care and Maintenance
There are three most common ways to seed a lawn. Regardless of which method you choose, ASI recommends starting with at least three inches of amended topsoil. We also believe it is important to make sure your soil contains the proper pH levels.
The three ways of seeding are as follows:
· Broadcasting – This consists of the distribution of seed through a broadcast seeder on top of the topsoil covered by a straw based material. A starter fertilizer is always recommend.
· Slit Seeding – This process is done by seed dropping into a small trench created by a disk distributing the seed approximately one inch below the surface. A starter fertilizer is always recommend as well.
· Hydro-Seeding – This process is done by mixing water, seed, fertilizer and a bonding agent into a large tank and distributed onto the topsoil using a spray method.
For those of you looking for immediate results, sod is the perfect option. There are several steps ASI will take in order to ensure a healthy disease and insect free lawn. At ASI we take the following necessary steps to ensure healthy results:
· Three inches of amended and pH balanced topsoil
· A Healthy Watering Program